29/11/2011

Shuukan Soine CD Vol.7 - Sei

週刊添い寝CDシリーズ vol.07 誠

Company: Back Butterfly
Based on: Original
Released: 2011.11.18
Official Site: http://www.blackbutterfly-cd.com/short/



Shuukan Soine is a CD in which your boyfriend cuddles next to you and talks with you until you fall asleep. Vol.7 ~ 12 will be a new batch of weekly releases, and this one starts it off.

Your boyfriend this time is Sei (CV: Kuroda Takaya), the 35 year old owner of a bar. As you can see by the age (and probably also guessed by the cover) Sei is a bit older than most of the boyfriends before this.

The CD starts when Sei just got home late from work, and you are still awake. Sei notices there is something different about you, but you don't want to say what. Because you can't fall asleep he comes with the idea to read you a story, and you get up to grab a picture book that you just so happened to have. The story is about a prince who has lost the ability to love someone.

Afterwards the conversation returns to what was bothering before; that Sei never puts his feelings into words. You get up to get another book you have: "sweet things you want your boyfriend to say to you". Surprisingly though, Sei agrees to read a few of the lines from the book, leading to a pure overkill in sweet lines.

Sei is obviously a bit older than previous boyfriends. You've also been together for quite some years now, which shows in his attitude. I find him strangely cute though. He usually has the situation in hand, but when you pout he is suddenly willing to do all kinds of things for you. I liked the way he feels and acts comfortable around you.

The scene where he reads all those sweet lines is my absolute favourite. When he starts they are noticeably just read aloud from the book, but the more he progresses the more the words become his own. It also makes me giggly, that many sweet lines at once would make everyone shy. But his reading of the picture book is very very good as well, the way he uses his voice there, I simply melt.

There is just one thing I don't like about Sei: He smokes. While sitting beside me on the bed. Noooooo, I hate the smell of cigarettes...

The free talk is hilarious. It begins with Kuroda-san saying that this was his first time working with the Dummy Head mic and that the mic really is just a head "which means there is [no body and thus] no butt, which he loves so much" xD And after a while the story completely shifts to him talking about Saizeriya (サイゼリヤ, a restaurant chain), and one of the dishes on their menu (more specifically, I think he is talking about their mixed grill). And every time he mentions the name of the restaurant or the name of the dish they have to censor him xD 


Conclusion:
I think this was a great way to start this new batch of Shuukan Soine CDs. Sei is easily likeable and the way he handles the 'not putting his love into words' issue is really sweet. I wish he would quit smoking though (god, that makes it sound like I'm talking about an actual person). 


Saizeriya... I want to go and eat there again. Or any famires for that matter...

5 comments:

  1. As much as I like Shukan Soine series, Vol 08 was my least fav. I'm still waiting for your opinion for it though :3

    I think that Kuroda Takaya sexy voice just kill him. Shot through the heart. My gawd. I can't believe how many times I make the tracks loop in my itunes ///
    That. Was. Freaking. SEEEXY.
    and haha his free talk xDD kodomo mitai ///

    smoking will never be this sexy even though I hate smokers I seem can't hate Sei ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to listen to vol.8 (^-^;;) My life is getting in the way. I'll make sure to listen to it by next week though :3

    Hahaha, he was sexy right? Especially those reading tracks. Dear lord, please give me a boyfriend who reads me bedtime stories that way (>///<)

    I can't hate Sei either. But I went all "You are sitting on my bed, AND SMOKING. Stop that!! I don't want you to smoke in the house and most certainly not on the bed, you should now that!!"

    And then I realized I was trying to tell a CD off for smoking... I must be turning crazy xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to this cos I like deeper male voices. I looved it, though in truth, I didn't like the way we could hear Kuroda's breath intakes. I keep thinking he might be too close to the mike or something. But omg. When he starts saying all those sweet things... *__*

    I actually liked the smoking bits, cos it just made him seem even more adult. Haha. But to me, it seemed like he was smoking off the bed? In truth, I find it hard to picture his movements actually. Cos he'd be speaking in one ear and another and I'm like, dood, how exactly is he holding me in bed? *laughs*

    (P/S: I was the annonymous asking about the app screencaps. =D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they left the breath intakes in on purpose. Normally they would filter those out, but I guess that this being the kind of situation where you would normally hear them they left them in.

    hmmm, it seemed to me like he was sitting on the bed or beside the bed while smoking. But either way I want him to stop xD

    The movement thing, yeeeaahh I know how you feel. I have a lot of "wut? how did you get on that side?" moments as well. You need to keep in mind that if you would change your position the angle from which you hear his voice would change as well, but I'm still puzzled at times. I would love to see how the script looks with the directions for the seiyuu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I really need to get my hands on this CD, I managed to fall for Kuroda's voice while watching a freakin' Digimon series. XD

    He has the exact type of voice I'd expect to hear from Bram Stoker's charming, hypnotic Count Dracula (this says a lot since I usually hate vampires). The type of vampire that draws you in, whispers a few words and then it's already too late. (I'm going to spontaneously combust watching Saint Seiya Omega now, I swear. Hyperion akfkagdq)

    ReplyDelete