23/10/2010

方言恋愛 Vol.2

Hougen Renai Vol.3 is already on sale, so I'm loosing no time with reviewing this one so that I can move on to that one next!



方言恋愛 Vol.2



This volume has two new prefectures; Kyoto and Yamagata. The second one worried me a bit because I had heard that the dialect there is really incomprahensible, but it wasn't that bad.

In the first story the heroine comes to Kyoto for unknown reasons and meets Sawaragi Rento (CV: Yusa Kouji) who takes her in as a house maid. While Sawaragi is kind to everyone he meets, he also keeps people at a distance. During the story we learn why the heroine was in Kyoto in the first place, and what caused Sawaragi to be so distant.

Halfway through listening to this I thought 'they are not speaking in dialect at all!' forgetting that I lived in Kyoto for a year and completely got used to the intonation. Sawaragi his accent isn't too strong, his childhood friend Kaori (CV: Shindou Naomi) on the other hand had a 'high class' accent (the kind of speach Geisha's also still use).

In the second story the heroine is a photographer with very bad luck. She meets Kurashige Kouhei (CV: Taniyama Kisho), who is also cursed with bad luck where ever he goes. Kurashige his co-workers fear that the two of them together will unleash a storm of bad luck on the people around them, but when they are together the bad luck finally goes away. (minus x minus = plus, the opening words of the story).

I really liked this story! Kurashige his constant bad luck creates some funny moments, and his co-workers like commenting on that don't really help much it. It was a perfect lighthearted story to follow the somewhat heavier first one. Like I said, I heard that Yamagata dialect is really hard to understand, but not at all; it was very easy actually.



Comparing this one with the first volume... I can't really decide which one I like most. The stories is this one were more interesting, but I like the Seiyuu from the first one most (yes, I am biased :P). Preference of Seiyuu aside, I think this one was a bit more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment